Our president Michael F Doss believes its extremely important to support your local community and those that have helped preserve our safety and peace. Call us today to hear about our extra discounts for active and retired military members.
Air Infiltration -Happens when cold air or heat passes through small gaps or crevices in your windows. -1/16 of an inch gap around the sashes and main frame of a standard size window will allow as much air to enter your home as missing a brick in your wall! Conduction -The transmission of heat through matter -You lose valuable energy dollars because heat moves to the coldest area.
There are measurable cost associated with old windows in your home: The cost and efforts of constant cleaning. The cost of a lower resale value. The cost of maintenance. The cost of replacing furnishings damaged by the sun!
Peak Performance IS ENERGY STAR tax credit qualified in all 50 states. Installed in 2009 and 2010. 30% of purchase price Maximum credit: $1,500 for qualified windows and doors NFRC-certified energy ratings -U-Fator of 0.30 or less -Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) OR 0.30 OR LESS Ask today about the DH530. Materials Direct USA. 563-335-2500
When selecting Energy Star qualified windows, door or skylights, look for the display unit label which tells you whether the product is qualified in your area of the county. Lowers Utility Bills, Lessens Maintenance Costs. Pays for Themselves! An Affordable Solution
Greatly improves the appearance and value of your home. Eliminate time-Consuming maintenance chores. Provides a more comfortable home.
Mastic Supports Sustainable Building Practices
Beauty and Performance for Your Home and Our Planet
Mastic Home Exteriors by Ply Gem can help you meet your sustainable building goals and earn points in leading green building certification programs. Our products offer features that positively contribute to sustainable building practices, improved energy efficiency or lifecycle benefits of homes. All are important aspects of sustainable building and reflect Mastic’s contribution to the Ply Gem Enviro initiative.
- Mastic vinyl siding is manufactured from abundant natural resources: salt (57%) and natural gas (43%).
- Vinyl siding generates less construction site waste than cardboard packaging, brick, or lumber.
- Our Performance Metals have been evaluated by a third party and are Green Circle certified to contain a minimum of 67% recycled content.
- Ply Gem facilities reuse and recycle. All post-product scrap material, pallets and packaging material, reducing raw material needs and landfill use.
- Vinyl siding requires less energy to manufacture per square foot than brick and mortar. 1
- Mastic vinyl siding is lighter weight per square than other cladding options, so it requires less fuel to transport. Less fuel used means less pollution.
- When properly installed, Structure EPS Insulated Siding can reduce thermal bridging and help meet the requirements of an Energy Star Qualified new home. Structure EPS Insulated Siding, with a verified R-Value of up to 3.0, have been tested using the new 2011 FTC-Compliant testing method (ASTM C1363).
- R means resistance to heat flow. The higher the r-value, the greater the insulating power.
Lifecycle Benefits of Homes:
- Mastic vinyl siding is durable and requires no site finish.
- When installed properly and under normal use, our products should never require painting or staining. They won’t crack, peel, blister, or rot.
- All of our aluminum accessories are easily recyclable. In fact, at the end of its lifecycle in building applications, 100% of the aluminum can be recycled.
Owens Corning is a world leader in building materials and composite solutions, delivering a broad range of high-quality products and services. But did you know that Owens Corning is now offering leadership in creating sustainable solutions for the roofing industry? Check out some Owens Corning sustainable roofing practices below.
Pave the Way to a Healthier Planet
Owens Corning Roofing & Asphalt, LLC, was the first roofing manufacturer to help create a process that increases shingle recycling and material reuse across the country. It’s a 360-degree approach to sustainability, where attention is given to the end of life for shingles in addition to raw materials and manufacturing. When you take our Shingle Recycling Pledge, you turn your old roof into new roads.
In addition to Duration® Premium Cool Shingles, Owens Corning Roofing offers TruDefinition® Duration®, Duration®, Oakridge®, Supreme® and Classic® Shingles in Shasta White that also meet ENERGY STAR® ratings.
No matter what color you pick, your Owens Corning™ roofing system will have features that
support sustainability including durability, reducing waste and energy efficiency from a company
that is committed to sustainability.
- 1. Owens Corning pioneered the development of fiberglass-reinforced shingles and today makes shingles designed for improved durability
- 2. All Duration® Series Shingles product lines achieves the highest wind ratings available in the asphalt shingle industry at 110mph* for (ASTM D 3161, Class F) and 150mph* for (ASTM D 7158, Class H).
- 3. Owens Corning™ WeatherGuard® shingles achieve the highest impact resistant rating at a Class 4 for (UL 2218) and wind resistance rating to 150mph* for (ASTM D 7158)
- 4. Tru-Bond® sealant on Duration Series and Oakridge® shingle product lines grips tightly to the nailing strip on the shingle below for greater bonding strength providing long-lasting protection for your home
- 5. Owens Corning Roofing is a roofing manufacturer with a national strategic alliance for end-of-life shingle recycling through the Preferred Contractor Shingle Recycling Program and help contribute to certification requirements for LEED® and the NAHB National Green Building Standard
- 6. Berkshire® shingles, Woodmoor® shingles, Woodcrest® shingles and Duration Premium shingle products help reduce waste-to-landfill by staying on your roof longer
- 7. Owens Corning Roofing offers algae-resistant (AR) shingles in areas with high humidity to extend the life of your roof which helps reduce waste-to-landfill and other resources associated with maintenance
- 8. Duration® Premium Cool Shingles utilize granule technology that reflects the sun’s rays to keep roof cooler, resulting in a more comfortable and energy-efficient living space
- 9. Cool Roof Shingles meet California’s Title 24 standards and helps to lower carbon dioxide emissions and the heat island effect
- 10. Duration® Premium Cool Sunrise, Frosted Oak, Harbor Fog, Oakridge® Shasta White, Duration® Shasta White, and Classic® and Supreme® Shasta White shingles are Energy Star® Rated *see actual warranty for details, limitations and requirements.
- 11. Multiple plant locations across the United States allows Owens Corning Roofing to be a regional supplier, save transportation energy and can contribute to resource efficiency credits in the LEED Building Guidelines and NAHB National Green Building Standard
- 12. Owens Corning is committed to sustainability – to meet the needs of the present without compromising the future In 2006, set targets for reducing environmental impact focusing on seven key aspects of resource use and emissions.
- 13. Owens Corning ranked 56th in Newsweek’s Green Ranking of Fortune 500 Companies.
- 14. Owens Corning’s World Headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, USA, achieved USGBC® LEED Existing Building Silver Certification
- 15. Owens Corning foam plant in Gresham, OR, USA, achieved USGBC LEED New Construction Gold Certification
For more information about these and other green features of Owens Corning roofing products,
visit http://www.owenscorning.com/roofing and http://www.owenscorning.com/sustainability
Check out this link for tips on how to transform your Kitchen.